Saturday, April 15, 2006

You Can Still Experience the Rain Festival!

Spring is here, but it's not too late to enjoy Tacoma's Rain Festival. Think I'm kidding? Some folks really do come for the rain. An aunt of mine from arid Baja California came for a visit in August one year. It didn't rain the whole time she was here, and she was so disappointed. She had so looked forward to a downpour!

Today I walked the perimeter of Tacoma's Wright Park in the rain. In my continuing quest to capture the rain experienc in photos, I offer the above impressionistic-like image of raindrop eddies on the park's pond. Click on the photo to expand it. This image has not been altered by a filter; it's a true representation of the eddies and reflections on the pond's surface.

Turning my lens upward, I was able to capture a raindrop clinging to the blossom of a Kwanzan Flowering Cherry tree:

No comments: