Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Upscale and Downhill In Rosslyn

The apartment bldg. in Rosslyn where Rachel lives. Photo by Kaaren Graciano.
As one of my first adventures in the Washington D. C. metropolis, I walked the neighborhood where Rachel lives, the Rosslyn district of Arlington. Any neighborhood that has public (commissioned) art is pretty classy in my book. Within a few block's of Rachel's apartment I found "Cupid's Garden" and "Chicago Titan":
(No, I don't know what Mr. Chicago is doing in Arlington, VA, but I can see why he hasn't shaved.)

I enjoyed walking the canyon-like parts of Wilson Street. The buildings climb skyward a few more stories than in my home neighborhood.
And then there's the Metro. It's just like the London Underground (The Tube), and makes zipping around greater D. C. a breeze. As further evidence that Rachel is a true Smarty Pants, she's figured out how to walk downhill both to and from work. She walks downhill in the morning to one Metro station, then after work takes the subway to the Metro station just past her apartment building, and walks downhill home!
Metro Photo by Kaaren Graciano, Sep 2006

No comments: