Saturday, September 03, 2011

Perfect Tacoma Morning

I see some spooky things on my walks, sometimes. I'm not sure I would want this 6th Avenue Griffin perched under my eaves.

Nevertheless, yesterday I walked the wedge of the pie between 6th and Division, from Sprague to J St. with my spiritual brother, Kent. It could not have been a more beautiful morning and we met some wonderful people. It was so pleasant that I decided to row part way.

One friend that we met in the beautiful garden at Tacoma General Hospital allowed us to pray for his mother, Barbara, who was recuperating from surgery. I also teased him about his "Cuban" cigar.

Kent and I made sure we stopped to smell the roses!

Then there's nothing like ending a morning walk at the Southern Kitchen (6th & Division)! Yes, the comfort food at SK is everything they said it would be. It's my new go-to place for beef brisket.

1 comment:

Coco Recommends said...

It's MY go to place for "greens" and ice tea out of a mason jar. I love Southern Kitchen. Yum! (Mouth waters...)