Monday, May 15, 2006

Cavanaugh's Coffe House Grand Opening

As my teaching responsibilities cool down, my walking heats up. The map above shows the territory I've covered by foot so far within our city limits. I've logged 123 miles in what I estimate will be be a 700-mile walking project.

On days like today (the temp. was predicted to hit 87°), I have a hard time ending my trek and returning to my other duties. It was a fun morning, a highlight of which was happening upon the Grand Opening of Mike and Linda Soden's Cavanaugh's Coffee House on N 41st and Cheyenne streets. My friends will want to support this locally-owned business. It is one of the most attractive and friendly espresso shops you'll ever visit, and yes, they have Wi-Fi. "Latte" Linda makes a great iced-latte with their espresso blend from Bremerton's Ootopia roaster. Mike's father, NW Photographer Ron Soden, provides the wall decorations: gorgeous black-and-white photographs (currently of local scenes). When you visit, you'll want to buy more than cofee and pastries because Ron's photographs, uniquely matted and framed, are quality works of art. (I was lusting after his framed pair of tall ship photos.) Congratulations, Mike and Linda, and God bless your new business!
Mike and Linda Soden, Owners of Cavanaugh's Coffee House,
on the first day of business at their new location,
N 41st and Cheyenne streets in Tacoma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roderick~~It was very nice meeting you and learning of this site. We thank you for finding our shop and writing such a nice piece (the gift was wonderful, also)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been to Cavanaugh's and Linda is great - I can't go anymore now that my mail route is farther south.