Sunday, October 15, 2006

Linked Destinies


Nope. I didn't take these photos, but I knew you'd like them. My friend Sherry Lorentzen sent them to me. The new Narrows Bridge is actually further along than shown here; it's now getting its road bed installed.

I'm grateful that the road-widening on both approaches to the bridges is nearing completion, because the traffic is finally starting to flow a little more smoothly on Hwy 16. That's the highway that connects Tacoma to the Washington peninsula and to the beautiful city of Gig Harbor. I teach in Gig Harbor every Wednesday night, and as I spend time on the peninsula side of our bridge, I have a growing awareness of the intangible links between the communities of Gig Harbor and Tacoma. I believe that our two communities are going to become an increasing blessing to each other.

No comments: