Friday, August 19, 2005

Rite of Passage

Near the end of my walk today, I stopped at a young girl's yard sale on N Yakima St. She told me she was selling her "baby toys." I had unfortunately just spent my last bills on an iced latte, but I bought a wooden ladybug (good for back rubs) for 50 cents. I asked the seller if I could take her picture, and she wisely went and asked her mother, who graciously consented. Young lady, may the wisdom and grace you already have continue to increase, and may you prosper in all your life's adventures! (Click on the photos for a closer view.)


Dolls looking for a home, and my yard sale lady bug!










Also on Yakima St I spotted the remains of a homemade children's swing, wedged in the y of an oaktree. What caught my eye was the graphic record of summer friendships.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to motivate me to get out there and enjoy the best of even the small things. Great pic of the Mt. HMM wondering about my Nikes though......

Roderick of TMin said...

Hi, Sue. You'll want to read the comment with a message to Turning Point at "Cars, Camels, and Comida" in the July Archive. Thanks for your encouragement!