Friday, August 05, 2005

Tacoma Churches 001: Central Lutheran

My walk today took me by Central Lutheran Church. I saw lights on inside, so stopped and chatted for a few minutes with Dr. Redal, the pastor. My wife tells me that it was at this church where she first heard the gospel. Indeed, Pastor Redal reminded me today of Central Lutheran's commitment to the inerrancy of Scripture and expository preaching. Central Lutheran has influenced countless people over the years through their special services and their sponsorship of Faith Seminary. The church was founded in 1925 by second-generation Norwegian Lutherans who felt the need "make the gospel of Christ known to their children in the English language."

Take a look at the auditorium of Central's first building in downtown Tacoma. You'll also enjoy the online display of the stained glass windows in Central Lutheran's current building.

No comments: